Monday, November 18, 2013

Anger!

Whateva! 

I chose to write about dealing with anger by Alex Lickerman, M.D. I chose this interesting topic to write about because I know many people who can get angry really fast. As a child, I never understood why people got angry. Now I realize that the world is not perfect. After reading this article, I got a sense of sympathy of the people in this world who are angry. I found out that people get angry because they're depressed, to get something done their way, makes some people feel powerful, and lastly to fight injustice acts. 
Here is a wonderful picture of Dr.Lickerman!
         In the 8th grade I had a friend who was getting bullied. He was so angry all time at himself and I would never know why. Eventually, everyone just stop talking to him because of his outrageous remarks to himself. One day when he was home alone he tried to take his own life, luckily for him, his grandmother came over and found him laying on the bed. After recovery, he was sent to a special clinic that specializes in preventing suicides. Had I read this article earlier, I would of know that depression can lead to anger with oneself. http://www.psychologytoday.com/collections/201311/november-10-16/dealing-anger?tr=HomeColItem   
  


The reason some teachers, not you Mrs. Halfen, seem so angry all the time is because they want to feel as a superior to their students. In 6th grade I had a teacher named Mr. Powell. Everyday before class he would start screaming and complaining about our work from before. I personally always felt scared to approach him during class because I was afraid of him screaming at me. After reading this wonderful article on anger, I now know that teachers that yell only want to make themselves feel superior. Here are a few questions and answers about teachers yelling at student, whether it's right or wrong. http://www.salon.com/2013/11/05/i_left_shaking_teacher_chris_christie_yelled_at_unloads_to_salon/
Also a video of a teacher actually screaming!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX_k_uGO8sU




In my life I have only fought once out of anger. That fight was due to a woman telling me that I don't belong in this country because of my skin color. At first I looked at her, due to the fact of age I thought she was still living in segregated time periods. However, once she started to talk smack about me and my heritage, I snapped. Till this day I never knew why, until I read this fantastic article. I realized I snapped because I was angry over social injustice. Even though the lady was wrong, I was taught to never yell at my elders. At least now I have a reason for my misbehavior!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment